We all commit mistakes. But what if few of the industry giants commit front end mistakes and overlook them?
Well, in this post I am going to cover few UI related issues by tech companies like Apple and Google.
visit extensions.apple.com and check out padding issue with search box.
This issue exists only on webkit based browsers.
Alright, so here we go with google. I had to create new email id for my sister and I came across a beautiful welcome screen.
How perfect is this !
Perfect welcome screen. Nice job !
Now lets look carefully this beautiful job done by gmail designer(s).
ewww ! Forgot to crop the edges out?
well, this isn’t first time I am observing such mistakes. Lets drill gmail’s code further and find some interesting issues.
- Sign in to your gmail account.
- Select an unread mail and one read mail.
- Mark both of them unread.
- See anything ? No ? open console and inspect subject line of mail which was already unread in step 2.
B tag inside another B tag?
Yes, its a mistake. If you are a mozilla user then you can SEE everything unlike webkit users.
- Select one more read mail with these unread mails and make them unread again. Do you see B tag wrapped inside 2 B tags?
So next time if someone tries to correct you, listen them.
If you find any of such mistakes on my blog, feel free to contact me.