Every time I open Adobe Illustrator 2015, I encounter this UGLY splash screen. Yes, its ugly !
I really don’t understand the idea of using such ugly face for splash screen. Anyway, I decided to change it to something good.
If you are one of the haters or want to experiment, this post covers “how to change splash screen of Adobe Illustrator 2015″.
- Select Applications in finder and open Adobe Illustrator cc 2015
- Right click Adobe Illustrator cc 2015 icon and click “show package contents”. DO NOT click OPEN, you do not want to “open” application.
- Open Contents> Resources and find email@example.com
Cheers ! you found that ugly face and next steps are optional.
- Still reading ! Okay.
Before moving ahead take backup of this file on your desktop and open the original file in photoshop (or any other image editing tool you prefer).
Press command+r to show ‘ruler’ and then arrange guides as shown in the image below
- You can now delete the image and put your own image file within these guides as shown below.
- Now add a white/black box and set opacity to 50% to your image as shown below.
I would always prefer dark box to get the perfect contrast.
- Save the image and restart illustrator to see NEW SPLASH SCREEN.
Image used in this example is here.
Download my splash screen here.
You can try above steps on your own as this does not include any serious deadlift. However, I will not be responsible for any damage/ nuclear war/ corrupt file system by this.